Testing for stability and structural strength
This related topics menu links to material in the main hang gliding pages. The links here are in chronological order.
- Appliance of science in Hang gliding 1974 part 3 for a 4-G test of a Wills Wing Swallowtail
- Developments Stateside in Hang gliding 1976 part 2 for a 5-G test of a Wills Wing Super Swallowtail
- Strength test in Hang gliding 1977
- Vehicle-based testing in Hang gliding 1978 and 1979 part 2
- It’s brains you want in Hang gliding late 1980s
Big Blue Sky, The history of modern hang gliding – the first extreme sport! 2008 documentary by Bill Liscomb on YouTube, starting at 1 hour, 2 minutes, 47 seconds — Pete Brock narrating, then I think Tom Peghiny (while Bob Tranpenau is flying a test) then, briefly, Bill Bennett, then Bill Liscomb, Tom Price, Tom Peghiny again, Bill Liscomb again, and then Rich Piccirilli speaks about emergency parachutes…