Hiway of Sussex, England, and Abergavenny, Wales
This related topics menu links to material in the main hang gliding pages. The links here are in chronological order.
- Puff the magic dragon in Hang gliding 1975 part 1
- Scorpion in Hang gliding 1976 part 1
- Sunspot, Moonraker, and Scorpion in Hang gliding 1977
- Strength test in Hang gliding 1977
- Superscorpion in Hang gliding 1978 and 1979 part 3
- Bob England, hang glider designer, one of his most widely sold wings being the Hiway Demon
- Hiway closure in Hang gliding early 1980s part 1
- Britain in Hang gliding mid 1980s for the Explorer semi-rigid
Jean-Michel Bernasconi and Pacific Windcraft. Hiway Flight Services manufactured the PacWind Vision under licence.
Marty Alameda and Flight Designs, who manufactured the Hiway Hang Gliders Demon under licence
Demon: Photo by Don Liddard of a Hiway Demon being assembled at Hiway Hang Gliders Ltd, Sirhowy Hill, Tredegar, Gwent, Wales, in April 1982
Sirhowy Hill – Tredegar on the Tredegar Wales YouTube channel with the song by Max Boyce
Scorpion in flight video: Mere 1978 BHGA Hang Glider Competition Event (at Mere in Wiltshire) on YouTube starting at 9 minutes 32 seconds
Superscorpion in flight video: Mere 1978 BHGA Hang Glider Competition Event (at Mere in Wiltshire) on YouTube (starts with a Superscorpion)